Among others, the salesman suggested Ecokiller. The prefix "eco" encouraged me, I was ready to take it right away, but I held back and decided to ask about the product. What did I find out: the product contains a natural component, and again, it is odorless. The price is reasonable, not exorbitant. The volume of the container is large. In a word, everything speaks in favor of this remedy, but something confuses me. I want to hear the opinion of an expert, to study more information about the drug Ekokiller: instructions for use, reviews, analogues, effectiveness. Help me make a decision: is it possible to take this product. Thank you.
The author of the portal answers the question:
In my material below, you will learn how to properly apply Ecokiller for maximum effect in the fight against bed bugs.
Composition and method of action
Ecokiller is positioned by the manufacturer as the first non-chemical insecticide.
It can really be considered one of a kind, because there are no analogues with the same structure and properties. However, to call the drug with the insecticide of a non-chemical nature is also impossible, because there is a hidden contradiction here.
However, it can be considered an insecticide conditionally, based on the principle of operation: the product destroys pests no less effectively than components of the pyrethroid, neonicotinoid or organophosphorus groups.
The main active ingredient is diatomaceous earth. It has many names: diatomaceous earth, rock flour, celite, trepel, infusory earth. Initially, diatomite rock is used, an ore that is poorly cemented by its structure. It can be recognized by its shade: grayish, light yellow.
It also comes in a powder of beige color.
The advantage of the substance is the content of microscopic fractions ranging in size from 3 µm to 1 mm. But in most cases the particles are characterized by medium size: from 10 to 200 microns. The composition of diatomaceous earth also varies. It may contain alumina, iron oxide, but the bulk of the ore is silica (up to 90%). The substance is light due to its porous structure. When not crushed (cemented), diatomite remotely resembles pumice. The origin is different - it is formed from diatomite silt (by the precipitation of algae of a certain species).
The safety of the powder is evidenced by its frequent use in the production of toothpaste. Diatomite is also known as a good adsorbent. It absorbs moisture. It is this property that has made it possible to use the substance in the fight against by insects. Kieselgur dries out the parasites. Dehydration occurs due to severe damage to the chitinous shell of their body. As a result, the outer covering ceases to perform its main function - it can no longer prevent the loss of fluid.
The action of the drug is enhanced by the adsorptive capacity of the powder.
Ecokiller helps from bedbugsas well as from other insectsThe following are the most common pests: synanthropic, street pests, including cockroaches, Colorado potato beetle and others that are found at home and in the garden, country house, vegetable garden and field. The principle of action is the same. And the insects do not even need to consume the powder. The remedy works quite effectively due to the contact action.
What you need to know when using Ecokiller
The drug provides the effect quickly. In terms of speed of destruction insects it is just as good as chemicals. When parasite crawls over the treated surface, then receives a dose of powder - it adheres to the outer covers, limbs, which is due to the fine-grained structure. Immediately the process of destruction of the chitinous shell (cuticle) begins, and soon - dehydration.
Likewise. Powder acts on bed bug larvae if they move around treated surfaces. In addition, bed bugs are closely located in nests, narrow crevices. This proximity promotes the spread among individuals of individual powder particles that have not yet penetrated the tissue structure.
Some portion of the diatomite is transferred to individuals who have not left the shelter since the treatment of the apartment.
Other important features to be aware of:
- Unlike insecticides, Ekoquiller does not promote the development of resistance in insects to the main active ingredient, this is explained by the fact that parasites lack a natural mechanism for repairing damaged cuticle, insects can not neutralize the effect of diatomite;
- Considering that larvae only form their chitinous covers (young individuals shed their shells several times), they die from the powder much faster than adults; while adults die in a few hours, larvae do so rapidly;
- at eggs The drug has no effect on bed bugs, but its use does help to kill the larvae that have emerged from their protective shells: The young individuals almost immediately come into contact with diatomite, receive a dose of powder that instantly corrodes the unformed cuticle, so it is believed that the drug is effective against bed bugs at different stages of development;
- Ecociller is not dangerous for people, animals, it contains a completely neutral active ingredient (silica dioxide) in relation to the outer covers and mucous membranes, which means that there are no reactions in warm-blooded creatures in contact with it.
Ecokiller - product forms
There are different kinds of the drug on sale:
- bottle (150 and 500 ml);
- bags (1.5 and 3 liters);
- bucket of polymer material (1 l).
The composition of the remedies is the same, but the method of application may differ. Detailed recommendations are listed on the label of each of them. There are different versions of Ekoquiller from bedbugs and others pests:
- vials are used to treat residential properties and are designed to kill anthropoid insects as well as any other insects that have entered the human dwelling;
- powder packets are recommended for use in the garden;
- The plastic bucket is available in different versions: for slugs, snails, garden ants, Colorado potato beetle, honeybeetle, a tool of complex action.
There are peculiarities of diatomaceous earth application in each case. Following the recommendations will help increase the effectiveness of the treatment. The bottles are characterized by a small volume, because it is often necessary to apply the powder to a small area (55 sq. m.).
Bags and plastic buckets have an increased volume, and therefore their contents will be enough to destroy pests in a large area (more than 250 square meters).
Where and how to poison parasites
Powder Treat all places where bedfellows can hide bedbugs. However, you should leave the diatomaceous earth still on the areas where the insects crawl from their nests to the food source (human, sleeping place). The powder should cover most surfaces:
- internal structures of furniture, including the sofa, bed (around the perimeter of the mattress, under it), shelves in cabinets;
- it is possible to scatter the powder on clothes (folded in frame furniture), it will allow to destroy insects, young specimens at strong infestation of object, when pests are dispersed throughout the room, not only near the bed, thus things can be shaken out, the product is easily separated from woven material, even if particles remain between fibers, they do not cause harm, the smell does not appear either, closet items are easily washed away;
- along the baseboards and on their outer surface;
- near household appliances, as pests can hide inside;
- on the windowsill;
- under the rug;
- on the back of the interior items;
- under the batteries.
It is desirable to spend the night in the treated room.
BedbugsThe bites will crawl out of their hiding places at night when they smell a human. You can protect yourself from biting with a canopy. It is important to make sure that it does not hang off the bed. The edges of the material should be lifted onto the mattress. They should fit tightly around the entire perimeter. For reliability you can generously pour diatomaceous earth around the perimeter of the mattress and around the bed.
It is not advisable to dismantle and treat the sockets. Even if bedbugs hiding inside, they will still get a large dose of powder because they will crawl out when it is time to feed. Similarly, larvae that hatch in an outlet, under a light switch, or under wallpaper (at a joint) will also die. All Insects will be destroyed.
Specifics of treatment with Ecokiller:
- tool should be applied only to clean, dry surfaces, it has a high adsorptive capacity, in the presence of water droplets powder will absorb it, which will reduce the effectiveness of action on bed bugs;
- The powder can be used in different ways: in dry form, in the form of a working solution, the second option is not applied at home, it is used in the open space to treat plants;
- It is very convenient to treat narrow places, crevices, hard-to-reach areas with a bottle, it has a thin spout, which makes it possible to spray a fine powder, to deliver microparticles inside the loose ends, for which it is enough to press sharply on the side surfaces of the container, as a result, through the spout released a large amount substances.
Pros and cons of the drug
Note the high effectiveness of Ecokiller from bedbugs, customer reviews confirm it. However, like any other, even the most effective drug, diatomaceous earth powder has disadvantages:
- there is no possibility to work on vertical surfaces;
- the substance easily rises into the air, spreads throughout the apartment, but, unlike insecticide-based dusts, it does not harm people and animals, but creates additional inconvenience, as there are difficulties in cleaning;
- the product does not kill bedbug eggs.
Table: Advantages of Ecokiller
There are many positive qualities of the drug. Please refer to the table to find out in detail why the drug is in good standing with consumers.
|No toxic components||The preparation at 90% and more consists of a safe (natural) component - rock, which is formed over a long period of time due to deposition of algae, formation of silt. There are no insecticides in any form (powders, granules), which makes the use of the product non-hazardous even for children|
|No odor||The composition does not contain fragrances, and the rock has no pronounced aroma|
|Possibility to process narrow slots||Due to their low density, the microparticles easily rise into the air and penetrate into any gaps|
|Universal action||Ekokiller kills various insects, can be used inside and outside objects, and is used to treat premises for different purposes|
|The product is hypoallergenic||There are no components in the composition that cause a negative reaction of the human body|
|Security||Kieselgur is an inert substance|
Where to buy Ecokiller against bed bugs and at what price
The cost may vary from region to region. You can see the offers of some stores in the table below.
Instructions for use of the drug
To get a great processing result, you need to act consistently:
- Executed spring-cleaning. This will allow you to find nests that are hidden from view pestsThe surface is cleaned of dirt, dust, and insect deposits.
- Moving furniture closer to the center of the room (it is enough to move the cabinets, sofa, chairs for 10-20 cm, which will get to the once hidden areas).
- They scatter powder everywhere they can find it bed bugs.
- The duration of the remedy is several months, then you can repeat the procedure.