But now many questions have arisen. First of all, I want to understand whether the powder will not lose its properties if I dilute it with water. I have heard that the dry substance is usually used in the form in which it was released by the manufacturer. Please tell me more about the rules of application. Thank you in advance.
The author of the portal answers the question:
Effective composition and product forms
The drug contains many components. However, only one substance, malathion, has insecticidal activity. It is an insecticide of organophosphate class, characterized by universal action and high efficiency. In addition, it contains components:
Commercially available forms of release:
- concentrated liquid;
- ready-to-use working solution (water-based, contains a small amount of the drug);
- powder is a dry substance.
The latter type is available in bags of different volumes. Liquid preparations can be bought in ampoules, bottles, bottles and even canisters. When choosing, you should take into account the purpose for which the product is purchased. It is possible to treat objects for different purposes:
- private housing;
- production facilities;
- commercial and other institutions;
- household plots and farms;
- application in veterinary medicine;
- treatment for pediculosis.
Carbophos action principle
Malathion is an insecticide of the group of organophosphorus compounds.
It is characterized by the absence of color, oily structure, unpleasant pronounced smell. The substance is difficult to dissolve with water, solvents are used to obtain a uniform consistency. Hydrolysis (destruction) is promoted by liquid, but this process develops slowly under such conditions. Acidic and alkaline environment accelerates decomposition of the substance.
When malathion enters the body blood-sucking parasitesIt is noteworthy that the physiological activity of this compound is much higher. It is noteworthy that the physiological activity of this compound is much higher. The process of conversion of malathion to malaoxon develops predominantly in bloodsuckers and other insects.
This explains the moderate toxicity to humans and the more aggressive effect on pests.
Another difference is that malathion is hydrolyzed much slower after ingestion. For this reason, the substance will remain in the body for a long time. At the same time the parasites will surely die from long exposure to the poison.
An interesting feature of malathion is that systematic use of such a substance develops resistance in insects to the poison. In addition, when the pests resistance occurs, their organism acquires the ability to break down the insecticide to simple components that have no toxic effect. In this case, malathion becomes useless.
In addition, against the background of developing resistance, insects become resistant to other substances of the organophosphate group.
Action of Carbofos on bed bugs, their larvae and eggs
The drug affects the nervous system of parasites.
It helps to disrupt the transmission of nerve impulses. As a result, it makes it possible to quickly to eradicate bedbugs. They first lose their ability to move, feed, and stop reproducing. At the last stage the pests die. Exactly the same effect is ensured when the poison enters the body of young individuals.
However, larvae are more quickly exposed to the drug, which is due to the incompletely formed outer covers. The insecticide corrodes the cuticle almost immediately and easily penetrates the body. The outer covers of larvae are formed in stages. The parasites shed their shells several times until they reach imago size. By that time, the cuticle is finally formed.
Carbofos has an ambiguous effect on bed bug eggs.
It is safe to say that it has a devastating effect on all forms of life, but it is not considered one of the most effective against the offspring of bed bugs (protected by the shell). But some of the eggs the drug can still destroy.
Instructions for use
Carbofos from bedbugs has been used for many years. However, you can only get the desired treatment result if you follow the rules for applying the drug. Main steps:
- Prepare the room, which ensures 50% success.
- They turn off the power at the input of the apartment (on the switchboard).
- A solution is prepared. The amount of the remedy (concentrated liquid) can be 2-5 ml per 1 liter of water. It is not necessary to choose a variant at your discretion. It is necessary to assess the condition of the apartment. If there are a lot of parasites, there is a strong smell, extensive nests are found, you can talk about a strong infestation of the object. In this case, the drug should be mixed with water in the amount of 5 ml/1 l. When there are few bites on the body, there is no smell at home yet, and the furniture outside and inside is not contaminated with parasite excrement, it is sufficient to add 2 ml of Karbofos anti-bug preparation to water.
- Processing is performed (with windows and doors closed)
- The room is left for several hours. A rule of thumb applies: the longer there are no people home, the better.
- Upon your return, you should ventilate the room, but not less than 30 minutes. In this case, too, it is recommended to keep windows and the door open as long as possible, especially if you plan to spend the night in the apartment. This is done so that the saturated unpleasant odor is aired out.
- Partial cleaning - it is allowed to remove the insecticide film from those surfaces that will be used immediately (door handles, furniture armrests).
It is possible to completely clean the apartment from the residual poison in 2-4 weeks. By this time, the insecticide will lose its properties, and the larvae will emerge from the eggs that survived and will also receive a dose of poison, which means that they will die before they reach sexual maturity and make their first clutch.
Download the official instructions for use of the drug Karbofos
Preparing the area for disinfestation
When to use Karbofos from bedbugsThe instructions for use must be studied, but it is important to read the extended version. The condensed recommendations provided on the label of the product do not specify how to prepare the room for treatment:
- Particular attention is paid to the area where the sleeping place is located: bed or sofa. It is not recommended to treat the mattress with the preparation, because a strong odor will remain, which will be difficult to remove. Hot steam is used to clean it. But you must first install the mattress near the wall. The bed frame is additionally disassembled, if it is characterized by a complex configuration. The same is done with the sofa, when it does not unfold.
- The walls are cleared of any objects. Check the wallpaper. However, if you find leaks at the joints, you should not immediately spray the insecticide here. It is characterized by its oily structure. To avoid leaving traces, it is better to treat the wallpaper with a different agent.
- The furniture is moved away from the walls. It is important that there are no things inside. If they are in bad condition (infected like other objects in the house), the method of washing at high temperatures is resorted to. Then clothes, bedclothes, plaid, blankets and pillows are hermetically packed with polyethylene.
- The carpet is rolled up to treat the joints of the parquet/laminate/linoleum. If the back of the carpet is also infested, you can treat these areas with the product.
Where to poison bed bugs
It is necessary to treat areas where a person sleeps. Here within a radius of 1-2 meters everywhere there can be parasites. Probable places where they live:
- sofa, bed - frame;
- bedside tables;
- sofa, bed - frame;
- bedside tables;
Pros and cons of using Karbofos
The drug shows itself as one of the most effective in the fight against blood-sucking insects. This is due to the properties of malathion:
- aggressive effect on the body, which allows you to quickly destroy the insects;
- the drug is less toxic to humans;
- Versatility - Carbofos destroys all kinds of pests;
- The product can be used to treat different objects: private houses, warehouses, commercial enterprises, industrial buildings, etc;
- prolonged action.
- risk of developing resistance, not only to malathion, but also to other organophosphates;
- Intense odor, which is difficult to remove.
What's the best form of release
Concentrated liquid products have significant advantages: high toxicity and uniform distribution of the substance over the coatings. When using a working solution based on Karbofos bed bug repellent, the drug starts to work properly on parasites. When the powder is scattered, there are areas left free of the substance. This reduces the effectiveness of the treatment.
From the point of view of convenience, it is better to buy a ready-made preparation. Then you don't have to waste time mixing the components.
Precautions for use
Wear protective equipment. Without a respirator, plastic gloves and goggles, you should not begin the treatment procedure. For this reason, it is important to prepare all equipment so that it is readily available. A respirator protects the respiratory tract even when using powder as the particles rise into the air.
Benefits and harms of Carbophos
The level of toxicity of the drug is important for humans. Carbophos is less aggressive against warm-blooded animals. It has a completely different effect on pests. However, there is still a risk of a significant dose of the substance entering the human body when it is sprayed.
Toxic effects on humans and pets
There are no adverse effects when in contact with the skin.
This is due to the weak skin-resorptive effect of the insecticide. When malathion enters the body of animals and humans, it is often converted to non-hazardous compounds, quickly excreted by urination.
Sometimes isomerization of the substance occurs, as a result, an even more toxic component is released. The first signs of poisoning do not appear immediately: inhibition, depression of consciousness.
Later, motor activity is impaired (against overexcitation), then there is vomiting, increased salivation, convulsions, tremors.
Where to buy the product and at what price
Not only the properties of malathion are being studied. It is equally important for the buyer to understand where it is more profitable to buy the product. The table shows the offers of some stores in different regions.
The cost depends on the volume of packaging, the structure of the substance.