I want to buy the most effective product that exists for home use. The seller actively advertises Agran against bedbugs. His argument is the two-component composition. The product contains two different insecticides, allegedly this increases the effectiveness of the treatment. But I don't really understand what the reason is. Could you please explain if there is a difference between one and two-component products. Thank you.
The author of the portal answers the question:
The main characteristics of the substance
The preparation is two-component. It contains different types of insecticides, moreover, their dosage is different. These features allow you to prevent the development of resistance in insects. Area of action of the product: destruction of crawling and flying pests on the site and inside the facilities.
It has a faintly unpleasant odor due to the use of a solvent, while the insecticides themselves, included in the composition, practically do not smell.
Composition and product form
Purchase Agran from bedbugs can be in the form of a concentrated liquid of light brown color. The composition includes substances that belong to different classes of insecticides:
- chlorpyrifos - 50%;
- cypermethrin - 5%.
Organophosphate (the first of the components) affects the nervous system of insects, disruption of its functions is provided by phosphorylation of protein enzymes. In this case, esterase inhibition is noted, as a consequence, acetylcholine hydrolysis occurs; as it accumulates, the process of nerve impulse transmission is disturbed.
Cypermethrin provides a similar result. This insecticide also affects the nervous system bedbugsbut this result is achieved in a different way. Thus, cypermethrin promotes disruption of sodium ions transmission, affects the function of sodium channels. This negatively affects the process of nerve impulse transmission.
As a result, parasite stops moving, is inactive even at night, cannot feed, and dies quickly. The rate at which the pests die depends on the dose of poison they receive as they move across treated surfaces.
Photo of packages. How not to get mixed up with a fake
Agran is available in an inconspicuous bottle of large volume (500 ml, 1 l), but there are also small bottles of 100 ml. The bottle is light-colored (metal), and the name is printed in large letters on it. The drug must have all the information about the manufacturing company. Also check the date of manufacture and expiration date. If you buy the drug over the Internet, it is difficult to be sure that the remedy you are buying is the original one. In this case, you can ask for photos of certificates, but when in doubt, it is better to look for such a remedy from bedbugs in my own city.
Instructions for use of Agran against bed bugs
The drug is not used in its pure form. It is a highly toxic liquid and should be diluted before use. When treating at home, follow the instructions:
- The room is prepared. This will help get to areas where there is a high probability of them appearing.
- The working solution is prepared. There is no need to mix the preparation with water beforehand, as the liquid will quickly lose its properties. The standard period of its storage is 8 hours, but it is better to use it as soon as possible.
- Wear protective gear.
- They treat the room.
- Leave the room for several hours, first closing the windows, then the doors. Upon return, ventilate the apartment, clean the surfaces that will be frequently used: door handles, armrests, etc. with a soapy solution.
General cleaning should not be performed immediately after treatment. Leave the product on the surfaces to keep it working. Clean up after a few weeks.
How to prepare the solution, in what proportions to dilute it
To eliminate bed bugs you need to take 5.5 ml of the product, it is mixed with water - 1 L. However, in practice, it turns out that if the infestation is severe, you need to increase the dose to 10 ml/1 l. The solution should be stirred for several minutes. Room temperature water is used for its preparation. The components are mixed indoors or outdoors provided that the air temperature does not drop below +10°C.
How to Use a Bed Bug Remedy
When a liquid bed bug repellent is used, consider different options for treatment:
- spraying over surfaces;
- application with a sponge, brush, rag.
The first option is the most effective, releasing microdroplets that settle on surfaces and form an even insecticidal layer. A sprayer is used. If you apply the agent with a brush or a rag, most often in this case the poisoning agent is oversprayed.
The reason is the uneven treatment of surfaces, which can reduce efficiency.
Table: Consumption rates for bed bug control
It is important to properly prepare and apply ready-to-use Agran solution. For the treatment of hard surfaces 50 ml/sq. m is sufficient. If the product is sprayed over soft objects, coatings, then the consumption increases by 2 times. The table shows the dosage rates of the concentrate required to prepare the solution in different volumes.
|Quantity of pure substance, %||Concentration of the working emulsion by preparative form, %||Amount of preparation (g) per volume of liquid (l)|
Download the official instructions for use of the insecticide Agran
Video review of Agran: how it works, how to prepare a working solution, how to get rid of bed bugs
Preparing the room for treatment and safety precautions
When using Agran, it is important to understand how bloodsuckers behave. Bedding bedbugs prefer to settle closer to humans because they feed on their blood. For this reason, it is necessary to free access to areas that are difficult to reach, around the sleeping place in the apartment. Preparation includes the following steps:
- remove the mattress, set next to it;
- bedding and other textiles are treated with a less dangerous agent (steamer, boiling water, etc.);
- Everything that interferes with full processing is removed from the walls;
- move cabinets and other large furniture away from the walls;
- The power will be turned off, because the treatment will be carried out in the apartment with the liquid agent;
- plants, the aquarium is removed from the room;
- the equipment is covered with a film;
- utensils and food should be moved as far away as possible from the treated room, as well as personal belongings and hygiene items.
Goggles, rubber gloves and a respirator are used. This is due to the fact that the drug has a toxic effect.
Even if the instructions for use are followed, toxic components are released into the air, which are characterized by increased volatility.
Bed bug treatment sites
It is possible to spray over all hard surfaces at once, but such measures are taken when there are very many insects. To kill parasites in a lightly to moderately infested area, you can deliver the poison on coverings and objects where bed bugs are most likely to live:
- sleeping place - the frame of a bed or sofa;
- interior wall objects (back walls);
- cabinets (inside and outside);
- window sill, parts of the wall behind the radiator;
- carpeting (only if there are no children at home, otherwise choose a less toxic method);
- old appliances;
- outlets, switches;
- the elements of the flooring that have come off;
- wallpaper joints.
Toxicity to humans and animals safety measures
Despite the high content of insecticides, the drug is classified as moderately hazardous. It means that Agran can be used to get rid of parasites, the risk of human and animal poisoning is medium or tends to zero if the safety rules are not violated. Hazard class III of the drug.
Advantages and disadvantages of the product
Agran is a broad-spectrum drug. It has many positive qualities, which is confirmed by reviews:
- no strong odor, unpleasant effects of treatment disappear after 2-3 hours;
- high efficiency: bed bugs kill the entire colony, and even those that later emerged from the eggs - receive a dose of poison when they begin to move on the surfaces;
- no stains appear on surfaces;
- If the treatment is thorough, there is no need to spray again, the larvae that emerged from the eggs will also receive a dose of poison, but if the infestation is severe, it is better to repeat the procedure;
- universal action: not only bed bugs, but also cockroaches, flies and other insects are killed;
- The product can be used inside and outside the facility.
- there is no confirmed information that Agran destroys eggs bedbugs;
- If used frequently, there is an increased risk of insect resistance to the poison;
- high price.
Customer reviews of the product
Where to buy and at what price
It is not possible to find Agran everywhere. If it is not available in the hardware stores of the city, you can order it from the online store. The cost depends on the region.
The greater the volume of the bottle, the higher the price of the drug. There are also 100 ml containers, which are cheaper than others.
- believe that the drug kills the eggs, but there is no confirmation of this theory, and therefore it is better to re-treat the product in 2 weeks after the first treatment, during this period will have time to appear from the eggs that were well hidden, but reach sexual maturity these individuals will not be able to, as immediately receive a dose of poison, soon die;
- during spraying, you should periodically leave the room (for example, every 20-30 minutes), which will avoid the development of complications, as the smell at the initial stage is strong.
The preparation Agran belongs to the means of combined action. It contains several active components, due to which the efficiency of treatment increases. Other features of the drug:
- The main components are: chlorpyrifos, cypermethrin. Both substances contribute to the reduction of nervous system function parasites. The desired result is achieved by disrupting a number of internal processes of the parasite organism, which prevents them from being active, biting people, reproducing.
- The drug is available in concentrate form. It is toxic in undiluted form, so before using it, you need to mix the product with water, the proportions are given by the manufacturer, but the consumption of pure substance is small.
- Treat the sleeping places and the areas around them. This is where the insects are most often found, because they settle closer to people. Before treating, you must wear protective equipment: a respirator, gloves and goggles.